Your Personal Information
1. Your personal information is held by www.dig4love.com. The personal information that you include within your profile is available to other users of www.di4love.com. If you send a message through our service, the personal information contained within that message will be shared with the recipient of that message. All other personal information that we process is kept confidential on our secure database. We will use your personal information to provide you with our services (including approving your profile and photograph(s), communicating with you regarding your membership and responding to complaints), for administration and accounting, for marketing and to ensure that the content and services that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests.
2. We will store your personal information for so long as you are a registered user. After you cease to be a registered user we will keep your personal information on our records for a period which is determined by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 to enable us to respond to any queries or complaints that you may have. After this time we may continue to store your personal information, however such personal information shall only be processed where necessary for legal reasons determined by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, or we have reason to believe that the processing may (i) assist with the detection and/or prevention of crime; and/or (ii) protect your safety or that of a third party.
3. By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your sensitive personal information, such as your sexual orientation, for the above purposes. We may pass your personal information to third parties who will provide certain elements of our services on our behalf, however all such third parties will be bound to provide at least the same level of protection for your personal information as we provide.
4. If you have provided us with information about another person, you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal information, including their sensitive personal information, and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal information will be processed.
6. We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used. We only hold such personal information about you as you, or your friend, have provided to us and we update this personal information either instantly or within 3 working days of any new personal information being provided to us, to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
7. We link to a variety of other sites and we display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers, nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
8. You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal information that we hold about you (for which we may charge an admin fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected. For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.